--- dAHen <steensland / hotmail.com> wrote:
> And my first question is still there...
> Do you recommend Tk or GTK?

Between those two, I think you can decide based on whether
you like (or hate) two aspects of Tk: 1) the api, and 2)
the look-and-feel of the apps themselves.

Personally, I dislike the perl-like api of Ruby/Tk, and I
found the look and feel to appear a bit clunky and dated.
For those reasons, I prefer GTK, which has a very clean and
modern api and look-and-feel.

When I last used GTK, it had some significant problems,
such as combo boxes being unusable, and several things not
working correctly under Win32. I hope that the new
maintainer(s) has already or will soon fix these problems.

It is also a very large, complex toolkit which can make it
difficult to find what you need sometimes. However, this
problem is minimized by the ability to use the online C GTK
docs, or one of the many C GTK books as a reference.

Kevin