On 11/14/06, Alfonso <euoar / yahoo.es> wrote:
> I have just started with ruby, and something that I have observed is
> that most of the code is indented with 2 spaces. Having programmed some
> time with C# and python, it's very strange to me so few identation.

I'm working simultaneously on several Ruby and Python projects.

For Ruby I'm using 2 spaces, for Python I use 4 spaces, as those are
the conventions for each language.

I've never noticed any problems for me or people who work with me.

In Python I need to remember that argument-less methods must have a
terminating (), and many statements must have a colon; compared to
those and many other differences, the different indentation is
trivial, not to mention that both Emacs and Vim just do the right
thing automatically based on the file-type, so you don't even have to
remember anything...

The important thing is that the code you produce is readable by the
community of language users.

-Alder