Before I post an RCR on this, I'd like to solicit information from the more
knowledgeable Ruby gurus.

Occasionally, I encounter a situation where having an open-ended range
would be nice... or, more accurately, a default MAX value.  For instance,
I'd sometimes like to say:

        (1..)                   # to infinity and beyond!
        "big string"[4..]       # -> "string"

Yeah, the last case only saves two characters, but you get the idea.  First:

1) does anyone else think this would be useful?
2) would this complicate the Ruby interpreter/parser needlessly?

Thanks.

PS.  I was following the "versioned require" discussion for a while, but it
seems as if talk surrounding it has died out.  Is anyone still working on
this?  I'd *really* like a standard way of saying:

        require "somemodule/someclass" (2.0..3.5)