REXML 1.0a is now available.  I've promoted REXML to 1.0 because Namespaces
are finally implemented.  Please be aware that the API pertaining to
Namespaces has changed (not that this should matter to anyone, because
namespaces never worked).  I've also moved all of the benchmark files to
their own directory.  The API documentation needs some work; you can't rely
on the namespace methods, and some of the Attribute methods have changed
their behaviors subtly when it comes to namespaces.  Again, this should
only be a problem when it comes to the API documentation.

I've also added a method Elements.each_element( xpath=nil, &block ), which
is a synonym for Element.elements.each( xpath=nil, &block ).  It might be
more intuitive.

Please send me any bugs reports, and include the XML sources that caused
the failure, if you would.  Even better is if you add unit tests to
suite.rb and email me that.  I'll also accept patches that fix bugs, and
suggestions on how to improve the API.

I'm going to begin testing (and fixing) the DocType declaration next, and
then I'll rotate back around to XPath and try to get that to conform to the
W3 XPath spec.  I'm also poking around with Michael Neumann's XSL4R
package, to see if I can get that to work with REXML.  The biggest hurdle
with supporting XSLT (the spec) with any XML processor is XPath support,
since most useful XSL stylesheets rely heavily on XPaths.  That said, I'm
pleased with the state and direction of the REXML XPath implementation.

REXML is now at 1300 non-comment, non-empty lines of code.

--- SER