Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:22457] Re: Instance method overloading - a bug?"
    on 01/10/12, "Elmar Sonnenschein" <esoeso / yahoo.de> writes:

|My question still remains - why? Although I agree that this may be
|convenient in some cases it contradicts the "Principle of Least Surprise"
|(at least for me). Or else, why isn't it implemented the same way for hashes
|too?

(a) because I thought it was useful (note: I don't claim I've been right).

(b) claiming PoLS is not allowed to complain about my decision. It's
    spared for the dictator. ;-)

So let's not talk about PoLS, but talk about which is more useful.

From Ruby Conference, with love,
							matz.