On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 07:06:41AM +0900, Eric Hodel wrote:
} On Nov 10, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Gregory Seidman wrote:
} >My only issue with it is its dependency on both the hoe and  rubyforge
} >gems. Are these really necessary, or are they accidental artifacts? It
} >seems to work just fine if I remove them and remove the dependency on
} >hoe in  the spec file. Could you remove the dependencies, please?
}
} These are really necessary.  How are you supposed to run any of the
} rake tasks without Hoe?

Pardon? Let me quote what I wrote above: "It seems to work just fine if I
remove them and remove the dependency on hoe in the spec file." In fact,
the author has now removed those dependencies, since they weren't actually
required.

} Besides, why do you care?  *Rubygems takes care of these things for
} you.*
[...]

Well, gee, I could just install every single available Rubygem and that
would take care of it for me, too. But I don't *want* all of that
installed. I want to minimize what can affect the code I write, which means
minimizing the installed libraries.

} Eric Hodel - drbrain / segment7.net - http://blog.segment7.net
--Greg