Rubescents:

Ogle this snip:

        signal_connect("key_press_event") { |w, e|
            puts e.keyval  }

Those keyvals come out as big honkin' numbers, like 65470.

Is there some facility in gtk.rb, or in gtk+, that can convert these
numbers to humane strings, such as "F1"? I have seen this ability
before in other libraries with the letters TK in them.

(Remember I don't mean e.string - this is nothing if the key ain't no
ascii code point.)

I'm just asking before I go trying to re-invent the wheel and get hung
up on which color to make it.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp / my-deja.com
            http://www.greencheese.org/HatTrick