Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> wrote:
: On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Todd Gillespie wrote:

:> I wish to propose a companion law to Godwin's Law:
:>
:> Wherein an on-line discussion, a person who posts a long screed on Greek
:> philosophers in an oblique response to a technical discussion shall be
:> sent to bed right that fucking instant.
:>
: After some sleep I feel much better now thank you. :-)

: Although humorous, I fail to understand why you used such harsh
: language/wording. When I find a post to a mailing list out-of-line I tend
: to stop reading and simply deleting it. But maybe its just a matter of us
: having different cultural backgrounds or me not having an english mother
: tongue.

I didn't think your post was out-of-line at all.  And please forgive me if
you think my language somewhat harsh - it's just the way I speak.  My
'lines' are extremely broad -- generally everything save spam is allowed
on a list (IMHO).

I found it so funny because it is precisely the sort of thing I frequently
write when short on sleep.  Your final comment on the lateness of the hour
in Sweden made it irresistible.

: Anyway, in the future, I'll try to be more concise and keep my number of
: postings to a minimum.

No, no, please.  You write wonderful posts.  Don't let me change that.