Hi,

In message "Re: sprintf bug (?)"
    on Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:03:44 +0900, Timothy Hunter <TimHunter / nc.rr.com> writes:

|Possibly you meant "%010s" instead of "%10s"? In any case, I checked the
|output of a C program compiled with gcc on my Powerbook running OS X
|10.8. In this case, the '0' flag adds padding on the left:

This is platform dependent.  Linux manpage says:

       0      The value should be zero padded.  For d, i, o, u, x, X,
              a, A, e, E, f, F, g, and G conversions, the converted
              value is padded on the left with zeros rather than
              blanks.  If the 0 and - flags both appear, the 0 flag is
              ignored.  If a precision is given with a numeric
              conversion (d, i, o, u, x, and X), the 0 flag is
              ignored.  For other conversions, the behavior is
              undefined.
              ~~~~~~~~~

zero option affects some specifiers.  %s is not among them.

							matz.