Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:02241] setter() for local variables"
    on 00/03/29, ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> writes:

| Do it exist a way to define setter() method for local variables (like for
| global variables) ?

No.  And none for contents of Arrays neither.
Should I prepare hook for them?  I mean for Arrays, not local
variables, which cannot be hooked I think.

To archive your wish, one idea is to make BDB to save original
references in marshaling mode, then verify the values on close.
Just for an idea.

By the way,

|require "bdb"
|db = BDB::Btree.open("aa", nil, BDB::CREATE, {"marshal" => true})

did you make bdb extension?  I've tried but not yet reached to the goal.
I really want to see it.  Could you plan to release it publicly?

							matz.