------art_89961_22823683.1163287554430

On 11/11/06, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2006, at 10:06 PM, Matt Lawrence wrote:
>
> > Hiring a programmer without at least a simple coding test is
> > probably a really bad idea.
>
> Amen!
>
> James Edward Gray II

No I think just talking to the person would be sufficient, but that seems to
be the whole problem, when hiring we need certificates and tests, because we
cannot afford a competent person doing a final selection.
Accepting this as an economic constraint one might be forced to accept needs
for tests and certificates.
As I am not accepting any such thing (c.f. sig) I too believe it is evil.

Cheers
Robert

depends on the unreasonable man.

- George Bernard Shaw