Elmar Sonnenschein wrote:

> My question is, why does Ruby handle "puts" for an array
> different than "print"? If I implement the same code for a Hash

That's really strange. The class references in the book
"Programming Ruby" tells you "Writes the given objects to ios as
with IO#print." for IO#puts.

I think we need a real reference guide like perlfunc and so on
for Perl.

There are some really strange things in Ruby which aren't
completely clear when you read "Programming Ruby". Array#uniq for
example. Which doesn't really removes duplicate _values_. It
removes objects with the same hash value.