From: "Todd Gillespie" <toddg / foobox.net>

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Robert Feldt wrote:
[...]
> > I probably have taken this way too far. Its a bit late here in
> > Sweden... ;-)
> >

> I wish to propose a companion law to Godwin's Law:
>
> Wherein an on-line discussion, a person who posts a long screed on Greek
> philosophers in an oblique response to a technical discussion shall be
> sent to bed right that fucking instant.

That reads a bit like Hunter Thompson, though at his best I
think he was rarely mean, nor took hisself too seriously. :)

> Maybe someone can restate that with more concision.

Dear John.....

  You filthy skunk-sucking bastard!  What kind of gall would
prompt you to write me a letter like that sac of pus dated Aug.
11?  I checked your story--about how NBC had the South Carolina
trip all figured out--with Mrs. Lucey (Pat wouldn't talk to me,
for some reason), and she said both you and Kiker were so fucked
up on drugs that you both kept calling it "the South Dakota
challenge," despite her attempts to correct you.  She was baffled
by your behavior, she said, until Mankiewicz told her about you
and LSD-25.  Then, about an hour later, Bill Daughtery (sp?) found
Kiker on his knees in the darkness outside McGovern's command
trailer, apparently trying to choke himself with his own hands
. . . but, when Bill grabbed him, Kiker said he was trying to
un-screw his head from what he called his "neck-pipe", so he could
"check the wiring" in his own brain.

  But I guess you wouldn't remember that episode, eh?  Fuck no,
you wouldn't!  You dope-addled fascist bastard.  I'm heading east
in a few days, and I think it's about time we got this evil shit
cleared away.  Your deal is about to go down John.  You can run,
but you can't hide.  See you soon.  .  .  .

                                 Hunter S. Thompson