On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Todd Gillespie wrote:

> I wish to propose a companion law to Godwin's Law:
>
> Wherein an on-line discussion, a person who posts a long screed on Greek
> philosophers in an oblique response to a technical discussion shall be
> sent to bed right that fucking instant.

After some sleep I feel much better now thank you. :-)

Although humorous, I fail to understand why you used such harsh
language/wording. When I find a post to a mailing list out-of-line I tend
to stop reading and simply deleting it. But maybe its just a matter of us
having different cultural backgrounds or me not having an english mother
tongue.

Anyway, in the future, I'll try to be more concise and keep my number of
postings to a minimum.

/R