Aaah, nothing like a good controversial topic to stir up a holy war
for the weekend.

I've posted two different requests for feedback on a project over at my blog:

http://on-ruby.blogspot.com/2006/11/ruby-certification-is-it-worth-it.html
http://on-ruby.blogspot.com/2006/11/ruby-certification-what-should-it.html

They boil down to this:  I've been asked to help a university put together a
continuing education program to teach Ruby.  It will be a three course
series and will end with a Ruby Certification for the students completing
it.  I'd like to collect your opinions about two things:
  1) Is Ruby ready for/in need of a certification program?
  2) What should be in a program like this?

I'd like to collect the feedback in blog comments (easier to refer
to them, etc.), but I realize that just bringing it up here is liable to
cause a mailstrom of emails, news posts, etc. -- please, at least
try to keep it civil if you're going to reply here (for whatever value
of here is appropriate for the way you consume ruby-talk)

I'll now slink away and hide in the corner for a bit.

--
thanks,
-pate