If you'll still be developing and deploying on a Windows box, you can
use RubyCLR to leverage your existing C# classes.

What is the timeframe for the project?  I think you'd be much better
off spending the beginning of the project getting everyone up to speed
on RoR than doing concurrent development, since one team will have
wasted 2 weeks of work when the decision is made.  Is
internationalization support required?