On 10.11.2006 17:14, Sean Hussey wrote:
> I guess I'd just rather not depend on the order of the fields in the
> file always being the same.  If they change, I can change the
> split(...), but I won't have to change new or update.  (I may want to,
> but I won't have to based on file format.)
>
> Does that make sense?  Or is that not a good enough reason?  I'm
> looking for any advice people might have on style.

Not to me.  The order of fields must be taken care of by the /parsing/
part.  Changing method parameters or even making them depend on that
seems a very bad idea to me.  If the order changes in the file, change
the code that reads them - in your case you just need to change the
order of variables for the assignment.

Kind regards

	robert