Michael Neumann <neumann / s-direktnet.de> writes:

> Pixel wrote:
> > Luigi Ballabio <ballabio / mac.com> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > How about
>> >  >>> l = [(x,y) for x in range(1,5) for y in range(1,5) if x+y < 5]
>> >  >>> l
>> > [(1, 1), (1, 2), (1, 3), (2, 1), (2, 2), (3, 1)]
>>
>> haskell could be
>
> Haskell even has infinite or circular data-structures.
> It's a great language (I love it), but compared to Ruby (and other imperative languages)
> it's hard to learn and understand, because it's pure functional.

Ghod. Thought for a moment you said 'infinite circular data
structures', and my brain started melting as I tried to work it out.
And no, Haskell doesn't have infinite data structures, it has
unbounded finite data structures as must any language that runs on a
Universal Turing Machine or its moral equivalent.

--
Piers