On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:58:47AM +0900, Pe, Botp wrote:
> # > feature request: i hope fri remove the case sensitivity. eg,
> # > C:\Documents and Settings\peijm>fri string.split
> # > nil
> #
> # Seems convenient, I'll implement it.
>
> wow, thanks much, Mauricio.
>
> btw, i installed fastri  0.1.0.1 using rubygems on another mswindows pc. The
> install went fine but when i started to run fastri-server, it balked. The
> program cannot find the HOME var. So what I did was just create it and
> equate it like HOME=%HOMEDIR%+%HOMEPATH%. Everything went fine then...
> (note, not all win pcs have HOME var set)

Should be fixed in 0.1.1, which I just released, as well as the issue with
executable extensions (and all the other problems reported on this thread).
Now the search strategy can be specified, and includes case-independent
variants, so:

$ fri string.split
----------------------------------------------------------- String#split
     str.split(pattern=$;, [limit])   => anArray
     Divides str into substrings based on a delimiter, returning an
     array of these substrings.
[...]

The less specific you are, the longer a lookup can take, but fri's slowest
search modes are still much faster than ri :)

Here's case-independent, nested, partial matching at work:

$ fri writer.rend
     render(debug = false)
     Return the PDF stream as a string.