rajasekar98 / gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Thanks for ur reply.
> Really have got stuck in this problem for the last 1 week.
>
> Have changed the database name like something_test.db.
> But stil i am facing the same problem.
>
> Need a clarification.
> What is the need for having Production, Test and development attributes
> in the config file.

Well, if you use the same DB all over, you end up using you production
database also for developing and testing. That's very, very bad, because
you will delete important information from your production system sooner
or later (I guess it'll be sooner rather than later).
Apart form that there are a lot more good reasons to keep differentd
things separate.

> What will happen if i comment the Production and the Development
> attributes in the config file.

Well, you can't use these environments any longer. See your favourite
Rails documentation for further reference.

BTW. you might also try using the rails-mailing-list for Rails stuff.
The folks over there are a lot more Rails-oriented than here on the Ruby
list (resp. news group).

Cheers

Stephan