On 11/9/06, Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Can someone help me diagnose what's going on with my script?
> it adds it hundreds and hundreds of times, not just one time,
> which is all I want.

I think the problem is probably this line:
    file_contents.gsub!(/.*$/, "\%\%Blank page for Asura.\n\%\%Page:
#{totalpages.to_i}\nshowpage\n")
  You are replacing evevery single line in file_contents with the
"blank page" string
So you will add as many strings as you have lines in the original file.

If I understand what you are asking, I don't think you need the gsub
at all.  If you want to append that string to the end, just do:

 File.open("#{$psfile}", "a") { |f| f.print "\%\%Blank page for
Asura.\n\%\%Page:
#{totalpages.to_i}\nshowpage\n"}