Hi everone,

I'm not quite sure what the best way to go about this is.  I have a
file with one user per line. Each line contains ID, username, phone,
etc.  I split all these up into variables and then either create a new
user or update an existing user:

File.open("users.txt", "r") do |file|
  file.each_line { |line|
    id, username, phone, lots, more, variables = line.chomp.split(/\|/);
      if user = ldap.get_entry(username)
        # Existing user.  Check for update.
        user.update(I, hate, passing, all, of, the, variables, that,
were, just, split)
      else
        # New user.  Create!
        user.new(Same, here, see, what, I mean?)
      end
  }
end

Should I put it all into an array?  Hash?  Would that make the split
line huge but save space on the method calls?  How would you go about
this?

Thank you!

Sean