On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 02:36 +0900, Aureliano Buendia wrote:
> Ross Bamford wrote:
>
> > winthr = Thread.new { iren.Start() }
> >
> > // do whatever else you need to do
> >
> > winthr.kill		# or close the window may be better
> >

> I get the same thing:
>
> ?> winthr = Thread.new { iren.Start() }
>
> Still no command line. All I want is a command line with access to the
> the objects in the running thread.

Well, it looks like something in the library is blocking the calling
process (and all Ruby's green threads) completely. If so, it's probably
something you'd have to talk to the binding's maintainer about.

I did just try to install VTK but it barfed horribly on my Linux box so
I'm afraid I can't be much more help.

> You do not need to have access to this library, it can be emulated
> easily: Assume you want to run a very long process names
> VeryLongProcess(). I want a command line when VeryLongProcess() is
> running and I want this command line to have acees to all the objects
> that VeryLongProcess() has access to them.

Assuming you mean 'process' in the sense of 'something happening in
Ruby', then the thread thing I suggested should work. If OTOH I'm
missing something and you're referring to actual processes, then it gets
more involved...