You can play with some of the array manipulation features you mentioned
downloading LINQ (Language Integrated Query). The upcoming version of
C#. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/future)
I`ve been programming with C# since 2000, but since I met Ruby, I wish
I could write every program in it.
It's by far, much more productive than C#. But there is a partial port
of Ruby to the .NET Platform called Ruby.CLR.
Lots of people says that with current implementation of the CLR would
be not possible to support such dynamic language, like Ruby.
But recently the Ruby.CLR project creator John
Lam(http://www.iunknow.com), was hired by Microsoft to integrate the
CLR Dynamic Team to help them improve the CLR Dynamic Support. There is
already a port of Python called IronPyhton to .NET world.

HTH

Felipe Garcia