On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:00:38 -0000, Louis J Scoras
<louis.j.scoras / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/06, Ross Bamford <rossrt / roscopeco.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Aww man, now I'm gonna have to look into Haskell a bit more :) I've been
>> putting it off for a while, but this is too cool to not have a play
>> with!
>
> You won't be disappointed.  Haskell is an amazingly cool language.

It certainly looks it, too. I've glanced a few times, and put it on my
list of things to do, but now I've got a reason to bump it up the list a
bit :)

>> Because I'm currently Haskell-ignorant, however, I don't know how to run
>> your solution :( . What interpreter (or compiler?) should be used? I
>> have Hugs installed, but that complains about a "Syntax error in input
>> (unexpected backslash (lambda))" at line 1.
>
> It looks like its supposed to be embedded in LaTeX.  Just remove the
> first and last lines since the TeX directives look like lambdas to
> Haskell.

Ahh, gotcha. I did wonder, but being totally Haskell-ignorant I didn't
want to just start deleting stuff :)

> \x -> x * x
>   <==>
> lamba {|x| x*x}
>
> Also, Haskell is very picky about formatting.  Your going to get a
> bunch of errors because of line wraps.

Yeah, I think I'm finding that now. Never mind, at least I'll get the
chance to play with Haskell a bit today as I try to get it going :)

Cheers,
--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk