--------------enig4071C1D674369051965CB657

Han Holl wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I encountered a problem in 1.8.5, or at least in ruby-1.8.5-4.fc6 from
> Fedora Core 6.
> Do this:
> irb
> irb(main):001:0> autoload :Syslog, 'syslog'
> =3D> nil
> irb(main):002:0> require 'syslog'
>=20
> and get a lot of error messages about already initialized constants.
> Also, syslog.so appears twice in $".
>=20

Could this be related to the recurrent FXRuby load bug? If so, it's
probably being Worked On.

Already initialized constant messages are *warnings* - you can safely
ignore those if you know they're not your fault. Basically, just ignore
this until it goes away, Someone Broke (tm) DLL/SO loading.

I wonder if that means we'll get the Christmas release after all :P

David Vallner