------art_49402_13620889.1163056431369

Hi,

Alright, can somebody point me to a guide that doesn't leave me all
> kinds of confused?
> For instance.
> def thingHere(self, params)
> @params  o and so

i can understand the confusion for somebody trying programming / a new
programming language for the first time. There are as Paul very rightly said
``a lot of free, terrific information available to help you learn Ruby" and
``you need to be patient and take it a step at a time".

If your question is for an extremely simple(albeit a slightly outdated page)
tutorial you can check this out :

http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.3/

If you are having specific difficulties on what @some_thing is then please
read
this :

http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.3/chp_04/classes.html

Basic knowledge of simple Object Oriented concepts would help as well.

It would be prudent for you try all the examples and the exercises. It
requires some time and commitment, but then what doesn't to get things right
:-)

Regards,

- vihan

------art_49402_13620889.1163056431369--