--------------enigD8E9E9C066E53F1B7D689F82

Jeff Pritchard wrote:
> Use of do/end=20
> obviates the need for the usual tug of war on this age-old issue.
>=20

Wax earplugs, shaking head in disbelief, and throwing foam bricks at
anyone who thinks spending as much as half a second on discussing brace
alignment styles (read: wasting said time of mine griping about it
pointlessly) works as good for me.

Java has official guidelines, C# has official guidelines, Ruby's style
is enforced by the parser, Python completely circumvents the issue
altogether by not using brackets as block delimiters. That pretty much
settles the issue in all programming languages I am likely to regularly
use, and anyone trying to argue against official guidelines with me is
summarily told to learn to use the revolutionary feature that is syntax
highlighting and code browsers like the rest of us and get back to work.

David Vallner