Shea Martin wrote:
> David Vallner wrote:
>> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>> Awesome!! Questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Does all this magic work on Windows?
>>> 2. Is it packaged as a gem?
>>>

>> Seconded, mswin32 gem or bust. I'm not particularly in the mood for
>> polluting my machine with things related to compiling C, I sure as hell
>> don't have the presence of mind to keep results thereof between the
>> inevitable full reinstalls, and that it's overall a Good Thing for use
>> outside personal code I don't need to remember.
>
> I will second that.  I would love to use ruby and qt together.  But my
> apps are multi-platform, and I can't assume that people who use windows
> will already have Qt installed.  If there was a simple way to get the
> minimum amount of Qt binaries installed for them, then I would do it for
> them.
>
> ~S

What are the legal issues of creating a rubygem for Qt (which included
necessary .so/.dll's)?  I am starting  a GUI project in about a month,
and am trying to decide whether to go with wx or qt.  The fact that
there is a wx gem, makes it sooo much easier for people to install my app.

I guess I am just trying to gauge the chances of a qt ruby gem being built?

Thanks,

~S