--------------enig238D2D29517274AEED5CBA13

Jan Svitok wrote:
> Just install it in the default location (c:\ruby). It's just not worth
> the trouble installing it anywhere else. And *NEVER* install ruby into
> Program Files or anything that has spaces in it - unless you are
> willing to spend many happy hours debugging random problems somewhere
> deep in the libraries ;-)

With ubiquitous abstract path name libraries, this strikes me as very sad.

I dream of the day when I see makefiles that doesn't choke on whitespace
in paths as commonplace. (Even sadder considering how widespread that
tool is. I blame Bourne shell and whoever thought making it do command
line processing when running as a script the same as when interactively
is a good idea.)

David Vallner