Now that Hal, David B, Curt, and others have some spare time:

I'm an old-school, procedural programmer.  I skipped C++ and Java, and went
straight from PL/I to Ruby.  Wow, times have changed!

So I haven't developed the idioms that powerful languages like Ruby make
possible: reflection, method_missing-isms, binding, continuations, lambdas,
blocks, etc.  My code still looks like it used to, only prettier.

I've seen some articles on metaprogramming online, but none are both (a)
soup-to-nuts walkthroughs and (b) Ruby-specific.  Besides, I think this is
a topic worthy of a book-length screed.  Ideally, it'd assume basic
knowledge of Ruby syntax and of programming in general, but not of dynamic
programming.  Maybe write it with a C programmer in mind.

Anyone wanna write this next?

Jay Levitt