On Oct 30, 2006, at 2:35 AM, Mickael Faivre-Macon wrote:

> I can't find any in depth online article on Drb, presenting anything
> else than a simple server and client. I'd like to learn more on the
> idea behind it,

The basic idea is to remove the hassle of communication between
processes and make your code look and feel like it is running as a
single process.

> when it can be used and for what type of application
> (for a client/server game?),

Any place you need transparent communication between processes.

> how to manage clients (identifying them, disconnecting them),

You don't.  DRb nodes are both clients and servers.  You can restrict
connections by both ACLs and SSL keys.  You can restrict method calls
in other ways.

> comparison with TCP (if relevent), etc...

Huh?  TCP is a much lower level protocol than DRb.  (Also, DRb is
multi-protocol)

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com