> Ruboids:

I need to light a fire under this thread.

Firstly, the current solution is outside the Rakefile. That's easy; you just
collect the shell's return value.

I want a solution inside the Rakefile. And I want Someone Else, preferrably
a Ruby library, to take care of the 'if' statement that detects the
platform.

The current solution looks like this:

        got = system(command)  # <-- shells to rake

        sound  = if got
                          'drumloop.wav'
                      else
                          'jaguar.wav'
                      end

        weWin32 = RUBY_PLATFORM.include?('mswin32')

        if weWin32
            system('"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\mplayer2.exe"
/play /close s:\\bin\\' + sound)
        else
            system('aplay ~/bin/' + sound)
        end

That sucks bigtime, for many various reasons. Windows is too awesome and
sophisticated to provide a true command-line solution; we are calling
'system', etc.

Now here's the fire to light under this thread - the reason I want a
solution inside the Rakefile, and portable:

  --> Ant does this out of the box <--

Does everyone understand the mandate _now_?? ;-)

--
  Phlip