--------------enig788235182AB01E4916B108FF

Jeremy McAnally wrote:
> I don't know about Ruby, but many times this is used in Python libs to
> run example code if it's being run by itself and just be a library if
> it's included.  Pretty neat way of keeping the file clutter to a
> minimum.
>=20

By cluttering the file internally with code not related to its main
purpose? I still claim laziness being the motive to not separate these
things, half-decent code browsing and project management tools / project
structuring conventions will negate any problems with finding code in
files anyway.

Either way, YMMV. I'll concede that this is more of a religious than
technical issue for me, stemming from my preference to separate concerns
as tidily as possible.

David Vallner