--------------enig0C4378B90DBED38C2AE52484

Robert McCorkle wrote:
> I'm curious - as a newby- where to find existing code snippets that I
> can use for chat amongst other things.  I saw that there are
> repositories but haven't had much luck.  Any recommendations?
>
> Robert

1. You seem to have written this as a reply to a thread with another
topic. Try to avoid this, hijacking threads is confusing, and they tend
get derailed horribly over time by themselves already.

2. Depends on what kind of chat you want. The path of least effort would
be running a Jabber or IRC server and using the respective Ruby
bindings. The path of even less effort would be just using existing
Jabber servers -and- clients, of course. Depends on your purpose, if you
want to actually run a chat for some other purpose, or want to reinvent
the wheel for some reason (doing it better, etc.)

David Vallner