--9j/ykq4igXLmYTNUeWU

So, okay, guys.  I'm trying to get better about this release early/often
thing.

Here is what I made today:

== WHAT IS IT?

uri-relative is a small gem which embellishes URI::Generic with a few
useful methods:  URI::Generic#normalize (and normalize!),
URI::Generic#resolve, and URI::Generic#relativize.

 - normalize compresses those /./ and /../ bits in your paths

 - resolve uses one URI as reference to convert another URI
   from relative to absolute (per RFC 2396)

 - relativize will do the reverse, taking a URI from absolute
   to relative (per... Java-URI I guess)

Keen Java-ists may note a certain similarity to what's offered by Java's
URI class.  It's not entirely accidental.  But mainly I just needed to
do some of that same sort of URI manipulation in Ruby and nobody could
point me to any libraries to do it.

All pyramids look alike.

== IS IT DONE YET?

Well, I think the coding part is basically done.  I just need to
implement URI::Generic#relativize and write documentation.

== WHERE DO I GET IT?

I'll have a rubyforge project set up sooner or later.  Like, after I
implement URI::Generic#relativize.

In the meantime, there is a tiny embittered stump of a website here:

 http://moonbase.rydia.net/software/uri-relative/

But really I would only bother with the gem and/or tarball:

 http://moonbase.rydia.net/software/uri-relative/uri-relative-0.0.1.gem

 http://moonbase.rydia.net/software/uri-relative/uri-relative-0.0.1.tgz

--9j/ykq4igXLmYTNUeWU

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBFTZGSSuZBmZzm14ERAuWQAJwMlW/uMeBOW9QUYkudUCPCtG6i/wCghfkK
fIdu10cZPSw26fcTTCqTFIsキ
ュュュュュナホト ミヌミ モノヌホチヤユメナュュュュュ

ュュケッエリフルヤホユラユュュ