Wow ... I am trying to use REXML to parse through an 8.8Mb xml file ...
it currently eats almost 800Mb of ram before it seems to do anything ...

Does anybody have any tips on getting REXML to run faster and/or smaller
???

I know it's slow just because it's pure ruby ... and there's a lot going
on ... but ... I can sit here for many minutes just waiting for ANY
console output showing that it's actually gotten to the first
root.elements.each( xpath_expr ) iteration ...

Hints/Tips are/would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jd