If it's any consolation, I'm a programmer and am finding Ruby tricky
to pick up.  There are some powerful concepts in there like blocks
and iterators that are new to me.

Keep at it and you'll pick it up ... as someone recommended above,
choosing a problem that you want to solve will keep you interested.

Good luck!

Bob