On 11/2/06, Skotty <shyguyfrenzy / gmail.com> wrote:
> Another noobrube question.
>
> Is this the "easiest" language to learn? I'm well aware that none of these programming languages are "easy" but I've been struggling with this for a while and don't want to give up.
>
> Or is there something else I should know first BEFORE going to Ruby? Why's guide is a biggggg help but I don't know why I can't retain this information.
>
> Any help guides?
> Anything?

How much programming experience do you have?  If you have never done
any programming whatsoever, then diving straight into Ruby and _why's
guide is probably not the best way to go.

Go to your local library and grab the first volume of Knuth's "The Art
of Computer Programming". Read and understand this book -- it will
give you a fantastic foundation for any language that you pick up.

Persevere and good luck!

TwP