Hey all;

Net/http has a method for processing data in segments--by passing the
get method a block--but is there an easy way to get to the socket
directly?

The script I'm working on is grabbing a giant xml file from a remote
site, and I want to process it as it comes in.  I've already changed
the code to use rexml's pull parser, so I'm guessing that now all I
need to do is give it the correct IO handle and let it go.

I don't see anything in the docs about exposing the socket, and I
don't want to rip open the class if there's something obvious I'm
missing.  Any ideas on the best way to go about this?

--
Lou.