pat eyler wrote:
> On 10/30/06, Giles Bowkett <gilesb / gmail.com> wrote:

>> Secondly, there seems to
>> be some kind of RubyConf cell division occuring that I totally missed.

Oh, nothing of the kind.  Pat hit the nail on the head:

> Well, there's a desire to run regional RubyConferences to make it easier
> to let a lot of folks attend.  RubyCentral has announced a program to
> sponsor regional conferences, and a number of groups have looked
> at holding one (with or withough RubyCentral's help).  The one, true
> "International RubyConf" is still, and will still be a floating October
> event.  All the rest of us are trying to bring a little bit of that
> closer to
> home.
>
> As for me, I'd love to see 4-6 regional conferences around the USA
> every year in addition to RubyConf ... If at all possible, I'd like to
> attend
> several of them, but then again, I'm just a Ruby addict.

That's the goal, at least.  Have more Ruby events, smaller and more
accessible than the One True Conference.  As of right now I'm planning
on attending the MountainWest conf (and would submit a talk proposal if
I could think of something novel to present).

But I also want something closer to home.

The more the merrier.

--
James Britt

"Inside every large system there's a small system trying to get out".
    - Chet Hendrickson