--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

* Ben Bleything (ben / bleything.net) wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> > Even better, Ben Bleything showed off his IRb enhancements for this
> > in a RubyConf 06 lightening talk.  They are quite smooth.
> >
> > You can get Ben's code from his blog:
> >
> > http://blog.bleything.net/articles/2006/10/21/shell-style-history-for-
> > irb
>
> Thanks for the mention, James!
>
> I've been meaning to get that cleaned up and post usage examples and
> whatnot.  In the meantime, if anyone has any questions or suggestions,
> I'd be happy to hear 'em.
>
> It also sounds as if Nick Sieger and I are going to be pooling resources
> and putting out a gem soon full of similar IRB hacks.  Watch this space
> :)

No one mentioned Wirble, even though it's linked from Ben's post:

  http://pablotron.org/software/wirble/

Setup:

  $ sudo gem install wirble
  $ cat > ~/.irbrc
  %w{rubygems wirble}.each { |lib| require lib }
  Wirble.init
  $

--
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--