Ike <rxv / hotmail.com> wrote:

> In my model, if I have a field, that contains the id to another table, twice
> (like, primary associate and a secondary associate) I am specifying this as
>
> class Customer < ActiveRecord::Base
>     belongs_to: associate :foreign_key => "associatekey1"
>     belongs_to: associate :foreign_key => "associatekey2"
> end
>
> This doesn't work -- but my question is how SHOULD the syntax for specifying
> this look?

Just RTFM.

<http://api.rubyonrails.org/>

(s.v. "belongs_to):

  belongs_to :firm, :foreign_key => "client_of"

Notice the comma? Notice where the colons go?

m.

PS The fact that you could bring yourself to write belongs_to: suggests
that you don't know Ruby. Over the course of a long life in computers I
have found that it is helpful to know the basics of the language in
which one is programming (though, to be quite honest, I've written quite
a bit of Perl without obeying that rule)...

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt / tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html