On 10/31/06, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2006, at 5:11 AM, Jeff Dik wrote:
>
> > This is excellent news!
>
> thanks
>
> > Is the Subversion repository on rubyforge going to be the main
> > repository for BTFS development?
>
> Actually no, it is just a mirror of the real repo. I got tired of
> people pretending that perforce was too high a hurdle to deal with so
> I started mirroring it to svn using svk. I think today I'm going to
> write something to replace svk because it is some of the worst and
> buggiest perl I've dealt with in a long time and all I need is a
> simple 1-way mirror.

Myself being one of those people who are stubborn about using
Perforce, I am glad to hear about a mirror. One tool that I have found
really useful is tailor [1]. It doesn't support Perforce yet but you
might want to look at it if you aren't afraid of Python code.

Though, I would still encourage you to consider a distributed SCM
system (and no -- I don't like svk at all). I get a lot of my free
project time while traveling. I am offline long enough during  those
periods that a system that it pays off tremendously. I don't want to
argue other possible differences as it is just a matter of style (to a
point).

Thanks,
Brian.

[1] http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor