On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Morton Goldberg wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2006, at 12:25 AM, Tim Smith wrote:
>
> > In article <453EF9B1.6060106 / cesmail.net>,
> > "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > https://www.lostlake.org/blog/index.php?/archives/11-The-Impending-Ruby-Fractu
> > > re.html
> >
> > That page makes me really appreciate cmd-option-ctrl-8 on my Mac! :-)
>
> I suffer from impaired vision. Although I am a Mac user, cmd-option-ctrl-8
> didn't help that much. Even with inverted colors, the page still shows very
> low contrast and is hard for me to read. It may look pretty to those with
> normal vision, but it's hell for those suffer from vision problems that make
> low contrast text hard to read.

That's interesting: it looks like black text on white for the most
part to me, (WinXP, Firefox), though the pale green links are lower
contrast than the text.  Some of the blue text in the header is more
difficult, and the dates and most of the sidebar are much lower
contrast.  The problem for me was the size of the print, mostly,
which I fixed with ctrl-+ (actually, ctrl-scrollwheel).  That's
more of a kludge, because I then need horizontal scrolling.

I tend to keep styling to a minimum on my sites so people's browser
defaults don't get overridden.

Is my ruby page accessible to you?

http://www.eng.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~hgs/ruby/

> Regards, Morton