On 10/30/06, Giles Bowkett <gilesb / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> OK. There's two things going on here. Firstly, everybody seems to know
> where I live. I find this kind of unnerving.

I was just extrapolating from your comment about missing denver and
being interested inhelping with the Southwest RubyConf -- sorry if it
struck too close to home.  :)

> Secondly, there seems to
> be some kind of RubyConf cell division occuring that I totally missed.

Well, there's a desire to run regional RubyConferences to make it easier
to let a lot of folks attend.  RubyCentral has announced a program to
sponsor regional conferences, and a number of groups have looked
at holding one (with or withough RubyCentral's help).  The one, true
"International RubyConf" is still, and will still be a floating October
event.  All the rest of us are trying to bring a little bit of that closer to
home.

As for me, I'd love to see 4-6 regional conferences around the USA
every year in addition to RubyConf ... If at all possible, I'd like to attend
several of them, but then again, I'm just a Ruby addict.

--
thanks,
-pate