------art_84217_21116493.1162243923748

On 10/30/06, Gustav Paul <gustav / rails.co.za> wrote:

> Austin Ziegler wrote:
> > On 10/30/06, Dark Ambient <sambient / gmail.com> wrote:
> >> While I am working in Rails, I'm noticing that Ruby many times
> >> completely
> >> dogs the system
> >> taking forever to reload a page.
> >> Reading under task manager I'm seeing that ruby.exe is CPU  9 and Mem
> >> Usage  0,000K
> >> I'm not sure what to do and have no idea how to debug it.
> >> There are times it take 5+ minutes to reload a page.
> >
> > More details would be useful. Raising this on the Rails list would be
> > even more useful.
> >
> > -austin

I did raise this on the Rails list, yet it gathered little interest nor
anyone else experiencing similar behaviour

Hey,

> I've noticed the same problem on my Windows XP installation, so I
> switched to Linux (SuSE 10.1) and haven't looked back since!
> Posting to the rails list might help, someone there will most likely
> have solved it by now...

I have plans at some point soon to switch over to Linux,  possibly Ubuntu.
Not sure which version. at this point.

rubyonrails-talk / googlegroups.com

> Also, I noticed stopping/starting the server seems to help. Not a
> solution, but it'll save you that 5+ minutes between page refreshes!

Yep, that is exactly what I've been doing.  This is not production so it's
acceptable.  Annoying but acceptable.

Cheery-o
> Gustav Paul
> gustav / rails.co.za