> I'm wondering which GUI toolkit I should use for experimenting with GUI
> programming with windows.
>
> My selectionpoints:
> Free for non commercial use
> A graphical designer
> Simple to use
> Not 2 awfull to look at
> Runs on the windows platform
>
> It's nice if it also runs on other platforms but I can live without them :)
>
> Would RubyCLR be a good option or should I look at other roads ?

RubyCLR will do what you need.  You can use the visual designer in VS
or the VisualStudio Express Edition to get going quickly.  The only
thing to be sure of is that your controls will need to be public
accessible or you will not be able to get to them from Ruby.  John Lam
has more information on designing this way on his blog at
www.iunknown.com.

Michael Trier