On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:45:52 +0900
"Dark Ambient" <sambient / gmail.com> wrote:

> While I am working in Rails, I'm noticing that Ruby many times completely
> dogs the system
> taking forever to reload a page.
> Reading under task manager I'm seeing that ruby.exe is CPU = 99 and Mem
> Usage = 50,000K
> I'm not sure what to do and have no idea how to debug it.
> There are times it take 5+ minutes to reload a page.

Well, that's kind of just Ruby on Windows for ya.  My unofficial experience (which everyone constantly blasts me for, so I'm obviously wrong) is that Ruby on Win32 is about 1/10th the speed of Linux 2.6 on the same computer.  This is with the exact same non-rails Mongrel handler tests I run.  Cygwin is then about 1/2 the speed of that.

Yet, nobody can explain it or seems to actually care since we all know that Ruby is perfection from the gods and should not be questioned.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/