Robert Klemme wrote:
> Farrel Lifson <farrel.lifson / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been trying to improve my metaprogramming skills the past two
> > weeks and came up with the following library which caches specific
> > method calls transparently so you don't have to explicitly save the
> > result. Is it interesting to anyone out there? If so I'll gemify it
> > and release it.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+memoize

It would be of interest to compare implimentations. There are a few out
there.

Also a vague notion, but would it be possible to create such a cache
that is "per original call"? Let say I call #x and it calls #y, #y, and
#z where #y is cached. So #y only happens once actually. But if I call
another method #q that's calls #y it would do it again for #q. Make
sense? I _think_ that would be equivalent to task a dependency system
(like Rake).

T.